Μετάβαση στο περιεχόμενο

What the heck is up with the numbering on the Kabanas Hellas books?

define999

Προτεινόμενες Καταχωρήσεις

• Member ID:  5323
  • Group:  Honored
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Achievement Points:  137
  • Days Won:  0
  • With Us For:  5862 Days

uuummmmmm maybe i will try a different tact then.... maybe the daughter needs to be researched?  :thinking:  Very interesting that she continued the family business. 

Yea the Gerber journal guides are amazing books.... gotta be my favorite coffee table books ever!    :dance:

I am a fool..... I know the database here can be searched by title and year? Im trying to figure out a way to get it to show me just books by publisher... is there a way to do that, I cannot figure it out? I can find everything tagged with kabanas but thats showing me threads and all sorts of other stuff... I punched in Kabanas into the PM bar thinking it was a search field!!!!  :lol:

If I can have access to everything in the database that Kabanas published then that will help me with scans and publication info... I wish to begin writing the opening parts of the article soon...

You, know, Matt, it's kinda funny! I know so much about the american related material that Kabanas published in the '70s, -into the following years I managed to collect about the 95% of everything Marvel published between 1970 and 1977- that some people proposed me to write a book about it! My answer was allways this: who the heck would ever be interested in that stuff? With you, my man, is the first time that I feel that maybe there are some crazy maniacs like myself out there that would be really happy if a book like this were ever published! Thank you, Matt!!     

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό
Μοιραστείτε με άλλους ιστότοπους

• Member ID:  24759
  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  95
  • Achievement Points:  95
  • Days Won:  1
  • With Us For:  4445 Days

Go Here, click search and there's a field to search by publisher.

Thalia continued for a few years after her father's death, publishing children's books and printing stuff for other publishers (they had their own print) but the trails that I could find in a search I did a few years ago don't go beyond the end of '90s.

Awesome thank you! I searched by publisher but the results didnt seem all-inclusive.... its ok im sure I can get a list from x-for-xpeta or Moribus... im just trying to do alot of this on my own without having to bug you guys constantly....  :(

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

You, know, Matt, it's kinda funny! I know so much about the american related material that Kabanas published in the '70s, -into the following years I managed to collect about the 95% of everything Marvel published between 1970 and 1977- that some people proposed me to write a book about it! My answer was allways this: who the heck would ever be interested in that stuff? With you, my man, is the first time that I feel that maybe there are some crazy maniacs like myself out there that would be really happy if a book like this were ever published! Thank you, Matt!!     

Freakin amazing!!!!!!  :clap2:  And you can help me with the titles published and dates right? X-forXpeta already gave me the first batch....

Yea I am a maniac! In fact my mania doesn't just end with Greece! Their are comic publishing stories out there that would blow your mind! The Philippines is another area of foreign research that is crazy complicated with intense and unbelievable bias's and all sorts of madness.... don't believe me? This is just one thread where through debate and information sharing me and a few other guys barely scratch the surface of the complexity of the Filipino books. With the bias the Local Filipinos show their own books combined with the paper killing environment of the Philippines its amazing any of these bronze age books survived at all!   :down:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7216927&fpart=1

Yes.... a Hellas book needs to be done.. maybe helping me with my article will gather your thoughts and be that little extra push you need to get it done?  :thinking:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

• Member ID:  25133
  • Group:  Veterans
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Content Count:  6408
  • Achievement Points:  6472
  • Days Won:  42
  • With Us For:  4378 Days

If I can have access to everything in the database that Kabanas published then that will help me with scans and publication info... I wish to begin writing the opening parts of the article soon...

I don't know if you have found it already, but the complete list of Kabanas' publications in this forum is shown here.

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

I don't know if you have found it already, but the complete list of Kabanas' publications in this forum is shown here.

Nope I didn't.... holy smokes thats exactly what I needed! And this is pretty much the entirety of publication? SO I can study this for my research right?  :banana:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you as to how things are going..... Moribus and I are going through the Q &A interview and let me just say...... WOW  :yahoo:  Its beyond fascinating to me... and we are touching on so many intertwined aspects of his life and the books he loves..... from philosophy to process to hot chicks.... Vassilis story is stunningly interesting. I cannot wait to publish it here in America.

Also.... for my future Kabanas article I am looking for images of Kabanas books on the newstand, or in a bookstore bookshelf, or at a counter, or anything like that. ALso if anyone has images of the books on a press or anything having to do with publishing that would be cool! If so please share I would really really appreciate it!  :)

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

• Member ID:  2298
  • Topic Count:  1619
  • Content Count:  5055
  • Achievement Points:  5063
  • Days Won:  14
  • With Us For:  6188 Days

Like in the US, there were no specialized comic shops in the '70s & '80s. The part of 7-11 and drugstore shops that you used to buy comics from was filled by our kiosks, where among newsapapers and tobacco products comics were sold as well. A picture of a classic kiosk in the early to mid '80s can be found here. There are no superhero Kabanas comics depicted, but there is a Serafino (or Tiramola), a couple of Little Chief and Little Cowboy issues (text-only pulp material) and several tankubons :P of kinky sex titles of Italian origin (Greek editions of Jacula, Primo, Terror Blu etc)...

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

Awesome Ramirez! Thanks a bunch!  :banana:  I did some searching as well.... found this cool blog that seemed to have older material. 

http://i-rena.blogspot.com/2012/10/blog-post_8250.html

Again though.. nothing with Marvel kabanas.....  :(   Tough to find I guess... if anyone has pictures from the 70's or 80's of young people reading Kabanas material that could work as well?  :thinking:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό