Μετάβαση στο περιεχόμενο

Carrie Kelley Returns To Batman, Is She The New Robin?

Alejandro Foyn

Προτεινόμενες Καταχωρήσεις

• Member ID:  25030
  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1229
  • Achievement Points:  1229
  • Days Won:  1
  • With Us For:  4403 Days

batmanandrobin19.jpg

Frank Miller's female, spectacle-wearing Robin, Carrie Kelley from his iconic "Dark Knight Returns" is making her New 52 debut in the pages of "Batman and Robin" #19. But is she once again donning the red and yellow tights to become the late Damian Wayne's replacement as the next Robin? Peter Tomasi spoke with the NY Post about Carrie's intro and shared the following insight:

What you'll find out once you crack the book, is that she's not exactly the "new Robin", but I don't want to spoil the story and her introduction into Bruce Wayne/Batman's life.

Okay, so she's not the "new Robin," though we're not sure what that means yet, but what about the world's pick for the new Robin, Harper Row? Tomasi said:

Who said Harper Row was becoming Robin? For that matter who said Carrie is becoming Robin? Hell, who knows there isn't some new character lurking about in a future story that will become the next Robin? It's all about characters and stories that stir the pot and present tension and new dramatic possibilities.

But is this the same Carrie Kelley from "Dark Knight Returns," or is this some mutated, amalgamation of her? And if she is, how does that work exactly? Because correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Bruce Wayne old and nutso when he meets Carrie? Tomasi tells the Post:

It's a New 52 version, but we're staying close to Frank Miller's visual template and personality of Carrie Kelley. She's a college kid who's got spunk and speaks her mind. This is not an alternate-earth Robin, this is simply a girl named Carrie Kelley who we learn knew Damian which in turn weaves her into the fabric of the DC Universe for the first time in 25 years.

Theory time: As we already know, Batman is going to team up with each of his former Robins in each new issue of "Batman and Robin," which will result in a title change for each book: "Batman and Red Hood," "Batman and Red Robin," etc. I think this is an audition for the next official Robin. It's along of the lines of what networks do when looking for a replacement for a late night talk show host. Johnny Carson takes some time off and David Letterman, Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, and others fill the chair seemingly as guest hosts, but in actuality they're just seeing who best fills the role. Wouldn't be a helluva thing if Batman and Robin #20 featured (gasp!) Stephanie Brown? And the fans flipped and demanded her as the next Robin? What would DC do? Well, to go back to my original analogy, they'd probably put Tim Drake or Jason Todd into the role, because he's the safe choice.

"Batman and Robin" #19 is out April 10.

ΠΗΓΗ: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/04/05/carrie-kelley-batman-new-robin/ :dog:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό
Μοιραστείτε με άλλους ιστότοπους