Μετάβαση στο περιεχόμενο

Your peer MORIBUS featured in Foreign Comic Collector issue #4!!!! [define999, foreigncomiccollector.webs.com, 25/08/2014]

define999

Προτεινόμενες Καταχωρήσεις

• Member ID:  24759
  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  95
  • Achievement Points:  95
  • Days Won:  1
  • With Us For:  4417 Days

My god this issue was a real bitch to finally get out! I had to redesign and rebuild the entire magazine from scratch. All while things in my personal life got in the way.  :wall:

But I tell ya what didn't get in the way! Vassilis AKA MORIBUS was amazing throughout this whole thing! My goal is to get a copy of issue #4 in Stan Lees hands. As managing editor of FCC I hope to share the amazing stories of both Vassilis and Gustavo all over the American comic journalistic landscape. 

I have to thank my buddy Tim for helping me get this thing out.... and all the staff of FCC. Lots of new things going on with us! We have a forum now dedicated to all things "foreign" comic related here....

http://foreigncomicdb.com/

Id also like to thank X_for_xepeta in helping me wade thru everything initially and getting me in contact with MORIBUS in the first place. And I am still researching for the upcoming article on Kabanas books and hoping both MORIBUS and X_for_Xepeta will be co-authors with me. 

Quick note... the Q and A article with Vassilis ran a little long..... the whole Q and A will be posted at the FCC blog. Unfortunately I am having a little technical problem with the blog on the site. Give me bit and I promise it will be up in its entirety. 

My Greek friends, thank you all for helping me bring Vassilis story into the light. I have been unbelievably welcomed here and I appreciate it.  Without further ado......

FCC_issue4-cover.jpg

Check it out in the joomag viewer on our homepage here.....

Or, download the .pdf directly from our archive page here.....

Thanks for looking guys! Im curious what many of you think of the issue? And in English please, Ελληνική μου είναι χάλια!  :popcorn:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό
Μοιραστείτε με άλλους ιστότοπους

• Member ID:  2265
  • Group:  Veterans
  • Topic Count:  1001
  • Content Count:  20072
  • Achievement Points:  20162
  • Days Won:  336
  • With Us For:  6162 Days

Nice.

I've notice also that you've included some sites with foreign databases. You've no idea how useful it will be to cross-reference with the Greek editions! Thanks!

:beer:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

Ahhh shit! I also forgot to thank you Greek Comic Fan! You also helped me early on... thank you my brother.  :beer:

Yes... having a good database list helps for those of us that need to do cross-referencing. We are currently hard at work on our own database that will do the cross-refrencing for us. Let me share something I posted on our forum. 

Our database is going to be different in the way it is structured from many of the others. It is still being built by wonder-dude Liam,  and I hope he isnt upset im sharing this at the moment because it still is in the early stages.... Trust me when I say that once all features are enabled it should become the starting point for foreign research. One feature being implemented is a genius way of letting other databses do the heavy lifting. 

So you look for a specific title, and issue. We will have all known foreigns related for a specific American issue shown when you look up a particular book.... Take Captian Marvel #1 as an example!

liam1-1.jpg

We will have foreign title, publisher, date published, Country and language. The last part is the important "Liam is a genius" part! 

liam3-1.jpg

So say you want more in-depth info on this particular Aussie foreign? If its available of course, by clicking on the link, you will be taken to the Aussie database dealing with the heavy specifics of the issue!

liam2-2.jpg

This allows the experts on Aussie books, the Aussie Dbase to do the heavy lifting as far as the minutia and the cross-referencing, etc. We dont have the manpower, time, or energy to include everything for each book! In this way we share the load and allow our site to be a sort of hub where the foreign enthusiant then branches out like a web to other sites to do further research. It also allows us to drive traffic to other sites we deem important in the foreign niche world. Its a win win!

To think, FCC is not only creating editorial content, but creating a research hub as well.... Ok, ok im getting off my soap box now, I promise!   :mafia:

Now I have to get back to work.... I hope Liam doesnt skin me alive for sharing a preview of what we are trying to do..... just so excited by it!  :dance:
Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό

I cannot remember if Liam is using the database here for the Greek books currently? I cannot remember? If not he should... but again maybe he is only using dbase's that do not require membership? Im not sure.....   :thinking:

Σύνδεσμος για σχολιασμό